My bad I am not as versed in Git as much I'd like. But there are a
plethora of costume tasks that you could make to accommodate using
tags in your deploy recipes. That and the callbacks available to you,
you could do anything when deploying. You should look at the Default
Deployment Path [1] it will help you understand where you can place
your tasks that will make sure you are on the right git tag for
deployment.

[1] http://www.capify.org/index.php/Default_Deployment_Path

- Ian

Ian Sheridan