I wrote a lovely missive about what I was doing by accidentally mailed
it directly to Lee. Dang it.

I actually do not want to run it serially, but functionally it doesn't
really matter if I do for this task. It would be nice to know how to
do this.

It all really boils down to the problem of being able to work with
role inclusion and exclusion. That is, I want to be able to write
tasks where I can string AND logic to roles so that only hosts that
are members of the roles that I specify together are referenced in the
cap task. I really wish there was a way in cap that did this easily,
but all logic is effectively OR based so specifying roles means a host
only needs to be in one of the roles specified to be included in the
cap invocation. Does this make sense?

This is essentially what I am mucking with and why I even have to do
the run of all tasks in a namespace in the first place.

Anyway, I have a workaround for all of this and while it isn't
elegant, it works... serially.