You can do anything that your shell can do.

You have to first determine how you want the commands to exit in case one
command fails.

run "a;b;c"

In this case all commands will run regardless of exit code, the exit code of
the last command only will be returned to cap.

run "a && b && c"

Will run each command but will exit on the first failure

run "cd /a && b; true"

Will exit and not run b if it can't cd into a;
If it can cd into a then it will run b; but it will always report sucess to
cap; even if b fails.

Fair warning sudo doesn't allow you to chain execution this way

sudo "cd /a && b; true"

Won't work as expected; but you could rewrite it as a run.

run "cd /a && #{sudo} b; true"