So I am attempting to reduce the downtime of our deployments, in one such
case I umount all database related mount points so I can take a snapshot on
the SAN (this is all automated via capistrano using SAN APIs etc..) it
would be nice if I could have one cap job which ran all 20 commands at
exactly the same time, if that cap command failed I can deal with that in a
paret script which controles the remounting of file systems etc... To me
that is what "in parallel means" all the "run" tasks run at the same time.

Brian