Mauro,

I have seen something similar when the remote wasn't changed everywhere, just
for example on the server, but not locally. Cap relies on your workstation and
the server both finding the same value for HEAD. Check that both your server,
and your local machine have the same remotes. When you're not using
remote_cache, also check that the checked out copy in `current_release` has the
new remote.

Other than that, check you don't have some buggy/old version of Git on your
server (1.7.1 looks ok, but what did they fix in the releases up to .6 ?)

- lee