I wrote https://github.com/peterjmit/capistrano-scm-local-file as a quick
proof of concept (and I guess as a semi-replacement for the old copy
strategy).

For me/my team it is useful because we deal with "artifacts" generated by
bamboo, bamboo also handles the deployment of our app (via capistrano).

I have an open issue
(https://github.com/peterjmit/capistrano-scm-local-file/issues/1), whereby
the SCM related tasks are being executed twice - and I am not sure why, if
anyone could review and improve/fix the implementation that would be very
helpful!

Thanks.