Versions:

   - Ruby 2.1.1
   - Capistrano 3.2.1
   - Rails 3.2.17 / Rake 10.3.1

Platform:

   - Working on OS X Mavericks
   - Deploying to #58-Ubuntu 3.2.0-37-virtual

Logs:

   - https://gist.github.com/ngw/8a6f357fefedcc6354b8

Files:

   - Capfile: https://gist.github.com/ngw/99ae95a0aa42fff5b2ea
   - deploy.rb: https://gist.github.com/ngw/99a51818f0a67db2affe
   - staging: https://gist.github.com/ngw/045a35d13a8ec9908ead

I'm having a problem deploying my Rails app on my staging environment.

The error message I get is "fatal: Not a git repository" which doesn't
really make sense to me.

This is the output Capistrano returns when I run it:
https://gist.github.com/ngw/8a6f357fefedcc6354b8

I searched for a solution and I tried pretty much everything, I even tried
to completely remove the application directory and deploy again from
scratch.
I tried to repeat the commands that fail directly on the server, and again
I have "fatal: Not a git repository", for example:

    cd /home/deployer/apps/XXXX/current && ~/.rvm/bin/rvm 2.1.1 do bundle
exec sidekiqctl quiet /home/deployer/apps/XXXX/shared/tmp/pids/sidekiq.pid
    fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

I've tried to switch branch to a production branch that deployed just fine
a couple of hours before with no changes: same problem.

I absolutely have no idea how to debug this.
Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

It doesn't seem there's a problem interacting with the repo on github, but
with the local environment. I think what it's complaining about is that the
project directory isn't a git repository, which doesn't even make sense to
me...

TIA,
  ngw