Hi all. I am experimenting with Capistrano for the first time.
While trying to do a website deployment with Mixd/wp-deploy, I couldn't
make my symlinks get created using :linked_files.
After digging deep into the code I found out, that in the
deploy:symlink:linked_files task the test for already existing links, which
precedes their creation, returns true when it should not.

I wrote a simple test task to verify my finding. Can someone explain me the
following behavior:

In deploy.rb:

namespace :my do
  task :test do
    on release_roles :all do
      if test "false"
        puts "false is true"
        puts capture("if false; then echo 'Indeed!'; else echo 'Not
really!'; fi")
      end
    end
  end
end

Running 'bundle exec cap production my:test' prints:

false is true
Not really!

I get the same results if I replace test "false" with test "[ -f / ]", for
example.

--
Thanks for help,
Christoph

Versions:

   - Ruby: ruby 2.0.0p481 (2014-05-08 revision 45883)
   [universal.x86_64-darwin13]
   - Capistrano: 3.1.0
   - Rake: 10.1.1

Platform: