Hey all,

Hac Boston[1] is next weekend. I've been fishing for ideas for things to
hack on, and had the idea to try to write a capnp compiler plugin &
support library. The website[2] suggests pinging the mailing list ahead
of time, so... Hi!

I don't know how far I intend to get with this, or whether I'll really
stick with it after the weekend; I'm treating it primarily an exercise
in learning how to build stuff in haskell that has non-trivial IO
patterns. That at least implies I want to take a whack at the level 1
features, not just serialization.

A while back I did spend an hour or working on something like this, but
without any real intention to pick it up after the one afternoon:

    https://github.com/zenhack/haskell-capnp

..I'll likely build on what little is there.

Thoughts? Advice?

-Ian

[1]: http://www.meetup.com/Boston-Haskell/events/231606922/
[2]: https://capnproto.org/otherlang.html