Thanks for doing this Gurshabad.

I think we've debated the removal of the signaling section on a number of
occasions.  Could this text perhaps be reduced to something simpler, especially
in light of our decision not to specify anything?

Perhaps:

--->8--
When User Equipment first connects to a network, or when there are changes in
status, the Enforcement Device could generate a signal toward the User
Equipment.  This signal indicates that the User Equipment might need to contact
the API Server to receive updated information.  For instance, this signal might
be generated when the end of a session is imminent.

An Enforcement Device MUST rate limit any signal; User Equipment MUST rate
limit attempts to contact the API Server; see Section 7.4.
--8<---

That loses a lot of text, but I don't know that any of what is presently there
is critical.  For instance, the current text recommends against a spoofable
signal, but doesn't really say what it means to spoof.

What do the editors of the spec think?