I think that the standard assumption is that we can equate the ability to send
a DHCP response or a RA with control of the network (or at least those aspects
of the network upon which clients rely on DHCP/RA for).  I don't know if that
assumption is written down in a place we could cite it, but if it were, I would
suggest a citation.