Just jumping in here, apologies if I don't have all context:

> On 11 Jun 2020, at 11:38 pm, Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker
> <nore...@ietf.org> wrote:
>
> First of all what is the intention of which HTTP version should be supported
> here? And which protocol are the port 443 you are recommending, TCP, UDP or
> SCTP? This also relates to HTTP/3 as it is getting close to being published,
> we
> can expect that in the future maybe people would like to upgrade to HTTP/3.

It's generally bad practice for an API to specify a version of HTTP.

> Already now I am wondering if the written allow for HTTP/2 over TLS/TCP? Note,
> that I am mostly commenting from the perspective if you want to be specific
> that it is HTTP/1.1. over TLS/TCP that is the goal. Then this document should
> make certain changes in the formulation. If you want to be unspecific and
> don't
> think that will hurt interoperability, then another formulation that the
> current is also needed.

I think what's desired is to say that the URL accessed must have a HTTPS scheme
and a default port, not that communication happen over any specific wire format.

> Likely also a discussion about how a client will figure
> out what versions are supported.

Why would it be different than any other use of HTTP?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/