Hello CAPPORT,

I wanted to highlight an announcement we’ve made for the betas of iOS and macOS
released today:

How to modernize your captive network
<https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=q78sq5rv>

The betas for iOS and macOS support both draft-ietf-capport-rfc7710bis and
draft-ietf-capport-api by default. This doesn’t change the user experience of
logging onto captive networks, but the system will request the DHCP options and
handle the RA option, and will prefer using the Captive Portal API Server
interaction over having a probe that is intercepted.

If you have a portal system that is already implementing the CAPPORT features,
please test out these betas and let us know if you see any issues! And if you
have a captive portal solution, we’d encourage you to start supporting this
soon.

Best,
Tommy