On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Good start. Some feedback:
>
> - is the connection set up shared with the connection mgr of the server
> - add step to select the database
> - after selecting table(s), allow user to select which operations to
> generate
> - what about allowing some flexibility in mapping the outputs to XML etc.

Some more feedback:
1. Wizard should clearly show the step number
2. In the select table step, we have to have check boxes to help
select/unselect tables. With the list widget, one need to press ctrl button
to select/undelect. That is not user friendly. Please use a table interface,
like the one we have on services listing page
3. For operation selection that Sanjiva suggested, please use a similar
interface as mentioned in 2 above
4. In operation selection step, you might want to provide the option
of selecting the default or customize options like you get in windows app
installs, as operation selection can be quite lengthly based on number of
tables.
5. Provide a option of going back from each step
6. To make this useful for serious databases, you might want to consider
pagination for tables listing step as well as allow the option of searching
for tables. (This can be done in the last milestone of-course)

Samisa...

> We need an Eclipse plugin of this too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sanjiva.
>

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Jasintha Dasanayaka <jasin...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have finished the development of  all the basic functionality of the UI
>>  wizard.  Some screen shots are attached.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jasintha
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Jasintha Dasanayaka
>> <jasin...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> It's a wizard. Following are the usage scenarios.
>>> Create
>>> 1. Select a data source
>>> 2. Select set of database objects of this data source
>>> 3. Generate data services for selected objects
>>>
>>> View/Edit
>>> 1. Select a data source & view existing data services created for it's