+1

My personal belief is that we could preserve XML comments as well, but I
don't have time at this moment to do a PoC of that, and also even with
having that feature it is really good to have a <documentation> child
element and a @name attribute for all the mediators, and a doc tag for
all the pieces in synapse configuration.

Well, this should be discussed on the synapse-dev, not on this list :-(

Can some one bring this onto the synapse dev list?? summarizing this thread.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> +1 for <documentation> instead of <comments> .. that's actually very
> consistent with XSD and WSDL too!
>
> Sanjiva.
>
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Hofman, Peter (NL)
> <peter.hof...@logica.com <mailto:peter.hof...@logica.com>> wrote:
>
>     I think you want 2 additional optional fields (either element or
>     attribute). Well, at least I would want this :)
>     1) a user given name for the mediator, which allows to give a
>     short description which will help understanding the sequence.
>     2) a description or documentation field, in which a description of
>     the use of the mediator can be given.
>
>     Peter

Ruwan Linton
Software Architect & Product Manager, WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb