I am not ready to buy this :-( may be we can have a look at some other HTTP server behaviors like Apache HTTPD and so forth.

Ruwan

On 10/2/10 12:06 PM, Isuru Suriarachchi wrote:
Tested on Tomcat 6.0.20 and the results are the same.

I had a look at the Tomcat HTTP support doc at [1], and it says:

" This *Connector* supports all of the required features of the HTTP/1.1 protocol, as described in RFC 2616, including persistent connections, pipelining, expectations and chunked encoding. If the client (typically a browser) supports only HTTP/1.0, the *Connector* will gracefully fall back to supporting this protocol as well. No special configuration is required to enable this support. The *Connector* also supports HTTP/1.0 keep-alive.

RFC 2616 requires that HTTP servers always begin their responses with the highest HTTP version that they claim to support. Therefore, this *Connector* will always return |HTTP/1.1| at the beginning of its responses."

So it seems like this is not a bug..

Thanks,
~Isuru

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html