Hi All,

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Sumedha Rubasinghe <sume...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Harshana Martin <harsh...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Sumedha,
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Sumedha Rubasinghe <sume...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Now thats what I call user focused explanation. :-). Good job. As
>>> Srinath mentioned we should demo this to everyone this week. How is
>>> progress on getting similar functionality from maven front as well?
>>>

>> I am glad to inform you and others that, I have implemented the feature to
>> invoke maven goals for a java project. Now it's just a matter of few hours
>> till we provide this support from maven front :).
>>

> And again ....How a user of Carbon Studio will benefit from this? Apart
> from the similar features explained for Ant integration, how the maven
> dependencies will be dealt with?

There are several benefits from this.

1. *If a Carbon Studio user has a CApp that contains a Carbon UI bundle
artifact or any other Carbon bundles*
    - User was not able to build the Carbon UI bundle using Ant, unless the
user creates an ant build file for the Carbon UI bundle project. But Carbon
UI bundles do have maven pom.xml files. Therefore now we can support
building any such bundles via our Ant Task.

2.* We can extend support to build CApp using platform console via maven
goals*
    - Now we can provide our own maven goal to build CApp project and
produce output CAR file for them.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana