On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Nuwan Bandara <nu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

>> 2.  You should not be adding a button to 'Gadget Upload UI' to modify the
>> gadget. Modifying the gadget option should be available on two locations.
>> - Page where we list all the available gadgets
>>

> +1 this link/button will be in the gadget listing at the admin's view
>

>> - On the gadget's setting's tab itself
>>

> -1, These settings are mainly about permission related and/or modifying the
> gadget itself, hence adding it inside the gadget is not practical.
>
> My Initial idea, was to have,
>

>    1. A link called "permission" where all gadgets are listed (per gadget)
>    to manage gadget permissions
>    2. A link called "Modify Gadget" in the gadget details modification
>    area
>
> Both these links will be directed to the Registry UI, where we have a
> custom UI for gadget editor and also a permission view.

Nuwan,
I was thinking along the same line & wasn't referring to have the ability to
edit the gadget on the gadget itself. :-)
It's just a matter of providing a link to gadget source on the repository.
(We have it right now. But there are some usability issues with current
impl)

What happened to Lalaji?
/sumedha