I can't think it is a good idea to store Gb size data in our Registry. I
would think you would be better storing the files in a filesystem and using
the Registry to handle the metadata.

Paul

On 3 January 2011 08:48, Senaka Fernando <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Kishanthan Thangarajah <
> kshanth2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Senaka,
>> I tried several times increasing the memory size, but i cant upload a file
>> with size of 700mb to registry. Always getting the java memory(heap size)
>> error.
>> My ram is 3GB,
>> There are several parameters i find in wrapper.conf.
>> -Xms256m
>> -Xmx512m
>> -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
>>
>> # Initial Java Heap Size (in MB)
>> wrapper.java.initmemory=256
>> # Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
>> wrapper.java.maxmemory=512
>>
>> what i did is that i incresed the maxmemory to 1024 and MaxPermSize to
>> 512m.
>> Do i need to change anything else?
>>

> No, AFAIU, you've done it correctly, but you'll need more memory. For
> example, a PermSize of 128M can handle 100MB, for 700MB, I believe that
> you'll need a PermSize of around 900MB. You will also need to increase the
> other memory parameters accordingly.
>
> Thanks,
> Senaka.
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:27 PM, shelan Perera <shela...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Senaka,
>>>
>>> File size may vary few Giga bytes (10-100 with realistic limits).
>>> Actually it is an attempt to create a big storage aggregating few
>>> G-Regs through a peer to peer network.I need to have a persistent storage
>>> attached to G-Reg ( Such as a file system). Would G-Reg be efficient in
>>> handling or have the feasibility.

>>> --
>>> Shelan Perera
>>>
>>> Blog   : http://www.shelan.info
>>> Twitter:shelan
>>> skype  :shelan.perera
>>> gtalk   :shelanrc
>>>
>>>  I am the master of my fate:
>>>  I am the captain of my soul.
>>>          *invictus*

>> --
>> Kishanthan.T
>> University of Moratuwa.
>> SriLanka.
>>

> --
> *Senaka Fernando*
> Associate Technical Lead & Product Manager - WSO2 G-Reg;
> WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com*
> Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://apache.org
>
> E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
> **P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
> Linked-In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/senakafernando
>
> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, VP, Apache Synapse

Office: +44 844 484 8143
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
twitter.com/pzfreo
p...@wso2.com

wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.