During a discussion over dinner with Paul & others at the offsite planning
meeting, we came up with a strategy for developing new Carbon components.
New components should always be developed against a released Carbon core
version, unless that is not possible. We need to treat Carbon, Axis2 etc.
just like any other 3rd party jars such as log4j which we use.

Let's look at an example. Say, you are developing a new component called
Foo. The latest Carbon release in 3.1.0. So, your component code will go
under,

https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/branches/carbon/3.1.0/components/foo/org.wso2.carbon.foo/1.0.0
https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/branches/carbon/3.1.0/components/foo/org.wso2.carbon.foo.ui/1.0.0

Once you are done with the development of that component, you can separately
release it, and update the P2 repo of Carbon 3.1.0. Once the release is
done, you will have to port this code into the trunk.

Thoughts welcome.

Thanks
--
*Afkham Azeez*