hi,

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Code in the branch is live. At least some of it. This is where we will
> develop new version of existing components. So I don't see anything wrong
> with, the 1.0 version of a new component being there.
> Azeez

Your browser is not able to display this multimedia content.

+1 for this idea. it will increase the effective work that is put in
to develop a component for sure.

but, when you are working on a component, sometimes they dont stand
alone (It might want to change some code in the carbon core component
to get things correct.)
we can do some version changes for those. (like we patched the carbon
core for chunk2 release).

but then again branch will show the characteristics of the trunk. As
of my understanding distributed version control systems(like
git/bazaar...) have a inherent nature for supporting this kind of
things.

make a copy of the branch in remote repo, develop the component
against it. then merge it.

just a thought.

thanks.
--Pradeep