2011/1/18 Hodchenkov, Paul <paul.hodchen...@oxagile.com>

>  Hi!
>
> I host aars and data services directly on ESB instance. I want to make some
> services to be protected from public access. I planned to move all services
> to /services/protected/* using ServiceURI parameter and hide access to this
> url from LB. It seems that ServiceURI works only for proxy services and not
> data services and aars.
>
> I have tried to specify ServiceURI  in services.xml:
>  <parameter name="ServiceURI">services/test/MailService</parameter>
> And all links from esb gui refers 'services/test/MailService' , but service
> still accessible only from 'services/MailService'.
>

> 1)      Is ServiceURI can be used for data services and aars?

you can add the services under a folder called protected. some thing like

wso2esb-3.0.0/repository/deployment/server/axis2service/protected/

> 2)      Is it possible to allow access to some service(aar,data service)
> only from localhost(only esb instance can call it)?

try this,
add this to services.xml

<transports>
            <transport>local</transport>
        </transports>

then use the end point address as
local://localhost/services/protected/<serviceName>

thanks,
Amila.