On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Folks,
> We have too many conf files and it would be  very confusing for a user.
> Perhaps we can merge some of these files. Also, it would be good if the
> header section of each file mentions the purpose of these files. This
> practice was followed when we defined the carbon.xml file, but the people
> who added the other files have not learnt from that.
>

> jgroups-s3_ping-aws.xml - Senaka what is this file used for? JCache? Can we
> have this file elsewhere, or call it jcache-config or something? Why isn't
> it explained in the README?

This is used by JGroups (clustering Infinispan), in a an EC2 setup. IIRC,
the name was fixed. Let me check on that, and if not, we might be able to
rename it.

> cache.xml - Senaka why isn't this in the README? Can't we merge this with
> the above file?

I think no, since JGroups is about clustering/group-communication, and Cache
configuration is about caching. WDYT?

> broker-config.xml - Lahiru, Senaka, why isn't this in the README.

This comes from event-broker. Amila, if this is no longer needed, we can get
rid of it.

And, IMO, the following are not needed.

1. cipher-text.properties
2. embedded-ldap.xml (can be merged into user-mgt.xml right?)
3. node/* (these are outdated and no longer needed, AFAIU).
4. secret-conf.properties

The secure-vault documentation should include how to create these files if
needed, as they are not mandatory.

And, most importantly, we need to s/README/README.txt, or you can't open it
in Windows properly. Also, may be we need to use the DOS line-encoding for
these files. Can this be done by setting svn:eol-style?

> ports-config.xml - Lahiru what is this file used for?  Multiple instance
> config? Why isn't it explained in the README? Why isn't the XML aligned?

If this is needed, IMHO, this should be a part of mgt-transports.xml. We
don't need two config files for transports.

And, I have a small question. Is the file name wrapper.conf correct? I'm
talking about the extension, is conf correct?

Thanks,
Senaka.

> --
> *Afkham Azeez*
> Senior Software Architect & Senior Manager; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com,
> *
> *
> *Member; Apache Software Foundation;
> **http://www.apache.org/*<http://www.apache.org/>
> *
> email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
> blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
> twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
> *
> linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
> *
> *
> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*

*Senaka Fernando*
Product Manager - WSO2 Governance Registry;
Associate Technical Lead; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com*
Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://apache.org

E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
**P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
Linked-In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/senakafernando

*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware