On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Senaka Fernando <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>> We have too many conf files and it would be  very confusing for a user.
>> Perhaps we can merge some of these files. Also, it would be good if the
>> header section of each file mentions the purpose of these files. This
>> practice was followed when we defined the carbon.xml file, but the people
>> who added the other files have not learnt from that.
>>
>> jgroups-s3_ping-aws.xml - Senaka what is this file used for? JCache? Can
>> we have this file elsewhere, or call it jcache-config or something? Why
>> isn't it explained in the README?
>
> This is used by JGroups (clustering Infinispan), in a an EC2 setup. IIRC,
> the name was fixed. Let me check on that, and if not, we might be able to
> rename it.
>>
>> cache.xml - Senaka why isn't this in the README? Can't we merge this with
>> the above file?
>
> I think no, since JGroups is about clustering/group-communication, and Cache
> configuration is about caching. WDYT?
>>
>> broker-config.xml - Lahiru, Senaka, why isn't this in the README.
>
> This comes from event-broker. Amila, if this is no longer needed, we can get
> rid of it.
>
> And, IMO, the following are not needed.
>
> 1. cipher-text.properties
2. embedded-ldap.xml (can be merged into user-mgt.xml right?)
No, we cannot merge configurations in embedded-ldap.xml with
user-mgt.xml. Those are 2 different aspects. embedded-ldap.xml is the
configuration file for LDAP server running inside carbon. user-mgt.xml
contains configurations about a specific user store for carbon. The
user store can point to embedded LDAP server or to a different user
store. Therefore we should not merge configurations in
embedded-ldap.xml and user-mgt.xml.

Thanks
AmilaJ