On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Prabath Siriwardana <prab...@wso2.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> So in effect you're moving the SPOF from IS to the new LDAP instance :).
>

> Yes... but if its ApacheDS we have limitations in FO/LB setups - which our
> embedded LDAP based on. So, in this case we can use OpenLDAP - with HA
> setup.. [sent a link on that to stratos-dev]

Is the only reason to go with OpenLDAP to use HA? If so we can do the same
thing described in that article with Carbon+ApacheDS; that was basic Linux
HA and it works for anything.

I think its the wrong message to say that ApacheDS is only good for embedded
cases .. it we can't trust it for our needs why are we telling others to use
it??

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.