Xue-Feng, it should work by unzipping into the app server directory but if
you are asking whether the app server console can support such apps that's
difficult. Not impossible (we'd have to keep track of a lot of stuff) but
difficult. Also given that such apps can modify/replace server.xml even
really the idea of a shared app server deploying such apps makes little
sense. For example, if it has 85 wars then there's a good chance there will
be name conflicts.

It seems to me that Sakai should effectively ship with its own app server as
that's what the deployment requires. If their answer is "we can run on any
app server" then effectively they're asking for a specific instance of the
server for themselves .. and that is of course supported by AS as well.

Sanjiva.

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
email: sanj...@wso2.com; phone: +94 11 763 9614; cell: +94 77 787 6880 | +1