On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hira...@wso2.com>wrote:

> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Amila Suriarachchi <am...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:

>>> No! What if users deploy their own services? Their services will
>>> automatically be marked as faulty, and none of their services will work
>>> OOTB. Why don't we make VFSTransport optional?
>>>

>> +1.
>>
>> We want SQS services expose what ever available transport since it is not
>> just a service used for Admin Console.
>>
>> Yes, it won't work with transports like SMTP, JMS, VFS without having
>> explicit parameters set. In that sense one can argue every one suppose to
>> specify all the transports that service can actually work with.
>>
>> But as Azeez pointed out normally Axis2 service authers don't specify
>> those and hence all those services are marked as faulty. So making
>> VFSTransport optional would be better solution.
>>

> And how do we do that? By default Axis2 exposes services over all available
> transports. If a particular transport is not configured for a service, above
> warnings are shown. I think service also gets marked as faulty in this case,
> but other active transport bindings continue to work (they don't malfunction
> as Azeez has mentioned). You will see this behavior in all the releases we
> have done so far and I don't think this can be fixed without some serious
> changes to Axis2.

I think making services as faulty happens at the base transport module. So
we may be able to check a parameter to make a service faulty.

> Also please note that problem is not just about VFS. It is in fact about
> all the transports you have mentioned above. So clearly these 2 services are
> not working with any transport other than HTTP/S. Since the services are not
> shown in the UI, user cannot really change this behavior for these services
> either. So IMO better to restrict these services to HTTP/S.

yes we can make this service only for http/https. But that is not the
problem. Is it correct make services, which have not configured to these
transport faulty?

thanks,
Amila.