Hi Senaka,

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Senaka Fernando <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Nope it is not supposed to work like that. See [1 - 2].

So, I guess that says, it loads the properties from a resource file and
makes them readily available?, so they don't actually need to pass those
into InitialContext constructor explicitly. Anyways, we'll put that aside
for the moment.

> Assume what you say is correct for some reason, though the spec does not
> say anything. In that case, your fix is still a hack, and is not generic,
> and will also break some other code. This is because you are actually using
> the wrong environment. If the InitialContext ever had an environment when it
> was created, it would get replaced by the one which was used when the
> factory was created. So, if we are to fix this we need to find a proper
> solution.

I'm not saving the properties in the factory, I'm saving it in the
"CarbonInitialJNDIContext" class, I guess we use it as a wrapper to
InitialContext. So it's just local to that InitialContext instance. see [1],
where it says, it will not modify the Hashtable in anyway, but in our case
it does, which is what I explained earlier. It's happening at
"CarbonInitialJNDIContextFactory", in the following method,

public Context getInitialContext(Hashtable<?, ?> h) throws NamingException {
            return new CarbonInitialJNDIContext((Hashtable<?, ?>) h.clone(),

                    factory.getInitialContext(h));
        }

That's the modified method of mine, there it seems
"factory.getInitialContext(h)" changes "h". That's why I did a clone of it
and saved elsewhere (maybe we should also give a clone to the 2'nd
parameter, since he's the one changing it).

[1]
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/naming/spi/InitialContextFactory.html#getInitialContext%28java.util.Hashtable%29

Cheers,
Anjana.