Hello Steve!
I have some problems with Weberp. I want to integrate weberp and care2x, I
mean when I login user and pass into care2x, it auto send user and pass to
weberp. And in weberp it doesn't need to login.
Could you help me? I want to know idea and how can I code it?
So far, I want to get data into care2x (prices, services, items,...related
discharge patient) send to weberp (weberp take, process order and show
results).
Thank you very much.

Gwen Lee,

On Jul 23, 2007 5:25 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You asked ;) Only a system knows itself. So, weberp knows itself and
> Care2x knows itself. They don't know each other, they don't want to know
> each other and they don't want to have to change every time the other does.
> Therefore
>
> 1) A weberp API
>
> 2) A Care2x API
>
> 3) A go between that connects the two based on it communicating between
> them
>
> APIs that do everything under the sun are unnecessary. Parts of them can
> be built at a time. In your case you need some API functionality for certain
> item, item category, price list and payables (not sure about that one?). It
> must be realized the exact functionality needed between the two. For
> instance, will Care2x need to update price lists? Will it only need to
> retrieve prices from price lists in weberp? Just an example.
>
> The good news about APIs instead of integrating is
>
> 1) Each system can provide that API for any other system. So, the Care2x
> API is "basically" ready for any ERP. It just does what it's supposed to do
> for its system. It knows it's "business" logic, it knows its database.
>
> 2) It does not affect the upgrading of each system. Each system is still
> fully contained as its own project without obscuring the other's code. Each
> project community knows its own project. Integrating means weberp code would
> be within Care2x code and affect either all future Care2x releases or, if
> not incorporated for everyone, then your customized version. Good luck with
> upgrading and support forevermore in the latter case :O
>
> 3) Most/All licenses will allow this way. The APIs are part of them. The
> connectors are separate works that could but don't need to be included in
> one or both. Care2x does not touch weberp and weberp does not touch Care2x.
> They remain identifiable, separate works. This is to the best of my
> knowledge so confirm for yourself but that would seem to be the
> understanding of many and it certainly makes perfect sense to me. In this
> way, neither could ever be thought to be works based on the other. So, you
> end up with compatibility between licenses without interference and between
> systems with even the same license without any ramifications. Just don't
> burn a disk with all on it and go distributing it to others if either
> license has any stipulation about being on the same media. That's a silly
> stipulation that I believe newer versions of licenses are correcting.
>
> An API for Care2x takes away 1/3 of the work in
> "integrating"/interfacing/connecting it to other systems. A great
> encouragement for other systems to communicate with it. However, it needs to
> be well documented. Functions, parameters and how to use.
>
> It will be harder than simple integration but the benefits are great now
> and for all time which means integration will not make sense and this way
> does. From the angle of each API one must only consider what needs to be
> [...]

Ly Kim Quyen,

Researcher, Department of Knowledge Engineeing
IOIT-HCM/VAST