Hello there,

> Could not connect to database server computer1 with username root:
> Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
> consider upgrading MySQL client"
>
> when my database ver 5.0

I suppose you are using PHP4 on your server (which is necessary when
using the last Care2x stable release).
It is still possible to connect PHP4 with MySQL 5 but you need to use
"old style" password hashes in your MySQL user table.
The MySQL manual explains in detail how to accomplish that:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html
The easiest way:

SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

If you need more help, contact me privately.
Regards,

    Winfried