Hi,

Although i have done now 3 rounds of customisation (2 submitted to community
and 1 pending) I have been seriously giving some thought about why not adopt
OpenEMR and incorporate strong features of care2x (inpatient registration,
admission, ward management, lab and radiology, charts, etc) which are currently
not available under openemr. Because, the openemr roadmap contains all those
features as under care2x as yet to be implemented. But the good thing is
openemr has SQL-Ledger as the back-end, phpGACL for ACL and FreeB for billing
which we are trying to implement into care2x. Also, openemr runs under mysql5
and php5 which is very important from the support post aug 2008 (php4 support
deadline given by php.net) point of view. One other important advantage and
benefit is openemr has an VMware appliance already. I can also think of Galaxia
for workflow integration into the new solution. If we could somehow convert the
various care2x modules as pluggable
 ones into openemr then the entire healthcare community will have a 360 degree
solution.

I am sure somebody must have thought on the lines as mentioned above.I would be
grateful, if any of you could share or throw some insights on my suggested
approach. If there is some merit (which i believe it is there) in my line of
thinking, please let me know. It will greatly help me in realigning my
resources and indirectly benefit the community at large.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.