On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Elpidio Latorilla <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Rafael,
>
> myCare2x is based on Care2x, not just merely on the code but the whole
> concept, the general design,
> the philosophy among many other little things. In fact the name alone is
> derived from Care2x.

Is it actually a fork from Care2x? Does it uses its code for sure?

> you will see at their website the notice "open source lösung..." which
> means "open source solution".

Yes I know, the have an English version of it too.

> You can ask them for an open copy of their source code. If it is true that
> they follow the license
> conditions of open source programs, then they should provide you a copy.
> If the don't, then you
> can come to a conclusion.

They told me that they have a dual license policy similar to the way MySQL
does. So they have the proprietary version and the "Open Source" Version.
When I was first contacted by Joachin Mollin (Who I understan reads this
mailing list) from MyCare2x he told me that the Open Source version would
not allow me to make public releases of the source code or the my
modification.

So then I asked for a real FOSS license in order to implement this software
in our hospitals in Ecuador he told me that he can give us the code with
GPL.

I am not a lawyer, but I do understand Free (libre) Software[1] and I get
the main point about GPL. I MyCare2x is completely made from scratch without
any code from Mycare2x, then they can dual license the software. But If it
is a fork from Care2x then it must be GPL, unless the original authors give
them the source code with another license.

Regards,

Rafael

[1] In fact I am a member of FSF Latin America:
http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/about/about