Hi developer colleagues,

Not a big thing, but we established and tested an interesting new view
to the data what been collected by care2x. I will prepare some advices
how it could be done if anyone is interested next week. Some individual
changes must be done by pentaho configuration files but then it would be
possible to connect business intelligence to care2x database right out
of the box.

I prepared some screenshot's how it would be possible to see what could
be the output for some artificial example data - just that we have some
"data seed":
http://care2watu.org/public/screen01.png
http://care2watu.org/public/screen02.png

What is pentaho? Pentaho is a so called business intelligence
application (www.pentaho.org). Actually we used the open source release
of pentaho and not the enterprise edition available on
(http://community.pentaho.com/). Idea was to use kettle to get and
transform the data, use mondrian to generate the OLAP cubes and use the
pentaho reporting engine to publish reports. Alternatively we could use
for statistical aspects weka (data mining) for analytical forecasts of
some data (not done so far) and also using alternative frontends (open
offie) to generate reports (not tested).

We did some tests on it and there are some aspects what could be
interesting for others as well. That kind of data analysis is not simple
to create and need some skills of ETL/OLAP/data mining processing from
care2x to dimensions and measure data. But we used some of those basic
reports to see how it could be used for, let's call it "advanced
reporting" (using OLAP cubes to get a basis for several similar
reports).

I will publish middle/end next week a small manual how to set up pentaho
to connect care2x database. Any feedback is warm welcome.

Thanks
Robert

MEROTECH IT Engineering

Robert Meggle