The current ADOdb library is v5.11 on Care2x SVN trunk.
It was v5.10 till about 2 to 3 weeks ago.

When a record is inserted into a table, we use ADOdb's method $db->Insert_ID()
to get us the last inserted ID where $db is the ADOdb connection object.
The definition of the said method is in classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php files and
is used within ADOdb in two files:-
    adodb-csvlib.inc.php  - Line 44:     $sql .= ','.$conn->Insert_ID();
    adodb-perf.inc.php (for logging) - Line 107:    $conn->lastInsID =
@$conn->Insert_ID();

The specific MySQL driver we are using here is
/calsses/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysq.inc.php
The said driver has a class "mysql" that extends the base cass "ADOConnection"
It has the class variable: var $hasInsertID = true;
It also has a class method: _insertid()
This method returns the last insert id and may possibly be for private use.

The default class variables values in the base class ADOConnection are:
     var $lastInsID = false;
     var $hasInsertID = false;   /// supports autoincrement ID?
The latter is however overridden by a re-assignment in the mysql class.

The class method ADOConnection::Insert_ID() is:

   function Insert_ID($table='',$column='')
   {
    if ($this->_logsql && $this->lastInsID) return $this->lastInsID;
    if ($this->hasInsertID) return $this->_insertid($table,$column);
    if ($this->debug) {
     ADOConnection::outp( '<p>Insert_ID error</p>');
     adodb_backtrace();
    }
    return false;
   }

>From the above it is clear that for the _insertid() to work, it should have
>the table name and column name provided otherwise we have to check out what
>defaults it will take.

Regards,
Ap.Muthu