-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Donna Dierker
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 7:49 PM
To: Caret, SureFit, and SuMS software users
Subject: Re: [caret-users] using caret for a meta-analysis

On 12/08/2006 11:44 AM, Leon Deouell wrote:
> Dear Donna,
>
> Thanks for the information. I realize the issue of different coordinate
> spaces. What I am not sure of is this: If I specify the original space
> (e.g., T88 or SPM2) for each study in the foci text file, or in the study
> tab when entering individual foci using the GUI (5.2.2 in the tutorial),
> will Caret take this into consideration when projecting to the PALS brain?

Yes
> Or do I have to go through some intermediate of transforming from one
space
> to another? Originally I was considering using the tal2mni Matlab function
> from the Cambridge imagers web site you mentioned to get all coordinates
> into MNI space, but maybe this is redundant in Caret.

The idea is to make this unnecessary -- as long as the stereotaxic space
in question is well-represented by one of these:

711-2C
AFNI
FLIRT
MRITOTAL
SPM2
SPM95
SPM96
SPM99
> Thanks,
>
> Leon

Donna L. Dierker
(Formerly Donna Hanlon; no change in marital status -- see
http://home.att.net/~donna.hanlon for details.)