Although I don't have an answer to your problem and I can't really help you
most likely, I still want to suggest you try implementing something to see
if it works or not.

In CAS 5.2.0-RC1 or above, there is a feature called "Attribute Repository
Merging"

https://apereo.github.io/2017/06/30/520rc1-release/#026-attribute-repository-merging

>From my use case, upgrading to CAS 5.2.0-RC1 seems to help with merging the
attribute through the authentication and principal solution process.
Since my use case is different from yours so I don't know whether it will
help you or not, but I think it might worth a try to upgrade your CAS
to 5.2.0-RC1 to try if attributes are released.

-Andy

--
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas