I think we've been through most of these at one time or another, but to
assemble them all in one place...

1. You have all of these:

# The /status endpoint is protected by IP address only.
cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip:              ...a valid regex to match your
authorized addresses...

# The /status/whatever endpoints are protected by the CAS server, using a
# list of admin users in "users.properties".
cas.adminPagesSecurity.loginUrl:        ${cas.server.prefix}/login
cas.adminPagesSecurity.service:
 ${cas.server.prefix}/status/dashboard
cas.adminPagesSecurity.users:
 file:/etc/cas/config/users.properties

# Define an administrator role. (This is the default; you probably don't
need to set it explicitly.)
cas.adminPagesSecurity.adminRoles[0]:   ROLE_ADMIN

# Enable the Spring Boot actuators as well as the CAS actuators.
cas.adminPagesSecurity.actuatorEndpointsEnabled:        true
cas.monitor.endpoints.enabled:          true
endpoints.enabled:                      true

# Marking the endpoints "sensitive" would protect them with Spring Security;
# we want to protect them with the CAS server.
cas.monitor.endpoints.sensitive:        false
endpoints.sensitive:                    false

2. You have a service definition that allows the dashboard to authenticate
via CAS:

{
  "@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService",
  "serviceId" : "^
https://your.cas.server.host.and.port.here/cas/status/dashboard(\\z|/.*)",
  "name" : "CAS Admin Dashboard",
  "id" : 123456789,
  "description" : "CAS dashboard and administrative endpoints",
  "evaluationOrder" : 1234
}

3. You're sure that the "ccheltenham-ext" user can successfully
authenticate via CAS. Go to https:/yourserver/cas/login to check. (Even if
you're "sure," check it anyway, just to remove it from the equation.)

4. You're attempting to access the dashboard from an IP address that
matches the pattern configured in cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip.

All of that together ought to do it. If it doesn't, change the CAS logging
level to "debug" and see what you get in cas.log....

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu

[image: The New School]