I'm trying to setup EhCache and I'm not having any luck with it. I appear
to have the basics in there since I am getting error messages from EhCache
during the bootup process, but I'm getting this troublesome message:

2018-10-02 09:10:41,506 WARN [net.sf.ehcache.config.ConfigurationFactory] -
<No configuration found. Configuring ehcache from ehcache-failsafe.xml
found in the classpath:
jar:file:/usr/local/development/cas5/cas/build/libs/cas.war!/WEB-INF/lib/ehcache-2.10.5.jar!/ehcache-failsafe.xml>

It says a configuration cannot be found however it is finding and reading
the file. If I take the opening angle bracket out of the EhCache.xml file
where my configuration is saved I get:

2018-10-02 09:15:19,591 WARN [org.apereo.cas.web.CasWebApplicationContext]
- <Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh
attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException:
Error creating bean with name 'casReportsConfiguration': Unsatisfied
dependency expressed through field 'healthCheckMonitor'; nested exception
is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'healthCheckMonitor' defined in class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/monitor/config/CasCoreMonitorConfiguration.class]: Bean
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate
[org.apereo.cas.monitor.Monitor]: Factory method 'healthCheckMonitor' threw
exception; nested exception is
bean with name 'ehcacheTicketCacheManager' defined in class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/config/EhcacheTicketRegistryConfiguration.class]:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Error configuring from input stream. Initial
cause was Content is not allowed in prolog.>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

So it is clearly reading the file where the EhCache configuration is found.
Frustrated I decided I would just copy that ehcache-failsafe.xml file in as
my configuration. That too is reported as "No Configuration found" but it
loads it just fine when it pulls it in from the jar file. So here I am with
a valid file that *is* being read, but still no configuration is found. any
idea what I'm doing wrong?

~TA