Hello All,

I have recently been testing the use of JPA for u2f registration, moving
away from json.  however it seems im getting many more rows in the
U2FDevice_Registration table then expected.

# What i see:

after deleting all entries from the table i login and am asked to register
my device.  after registering i see an entry like the following in the
Database

id: 1
created_Date: 2020-07-01 00:00:00
record: ***REDACTED***
username: jbond

Im then asked to authenticate with the device to confirm registration.
This creates a second entry in the database exactly the same as the first
entry except the id has been incremented

id: 2
created_Date: 2020-07-01 00:00:00
record: ***REDACTED***
username: jbond

Following this each additional login causes another entry to be added to
the U2FDevice_Registration table, in all cases the only change is the auto
incremented ID.   I'm not asked to re-register so the registration process
seems to have worked correctly.

This behaviour seemed unexpected to me and would expect additional logins
to cause an update to the initial records and not to a new insert.  Is this
expected behaviour of have i  configured something incorrectly.

I have the following u2f related config

cas.authn.mfa.u2f.crypto.signing.key=***REDACTED***
cas.authn.mfa.u2f.jpa.user=cas
cas.authn.mfa.u2f.jpa.password=***REDACTED***
cas.authn.mfa.u2f.jpa.driver-class=org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver
cas.authn.mfa.u2f.jpa.url=jdbc:mysql://db1077.eqiad.wmnet/cas_test?useSSL=true
cas.authn.mfa.u2f.jpa.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MariaDBDialect

Any help appreciated thanks