Hello,
As for the properties, this is what you are looking for (use the branch/tag you need). https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apereo/cas-overlay-template/master/etc/cas/config/cas.properties When you start up CAS with some property it does not understand, it will tell you in the log, as you found out. I consider it very nice feature, even if it means that for making thing right, I have to iterate through the configs for a while.

Cheers,
Fiisch