We have exactly the same problem.
It would be great to have similar workflow to the google mfa.

I experimented with webauthn and simple mfa. The problem is that the mfa
provider selection menu shows all providers without respecting the
providers's groovy bypass.
Also you can only use provider selection menu with the global mfa trigger.