We have a SAML SP service that has been working just fine for years, but
they are now updating SSO certificates
<https://support.everbridge.com/articles/Technical_Support/59811>, and I'm
running into an issue where the Duo flow is breaking because of the length
of the URI in the initial SAML request. Specifically, I can get past the
password prompt, but once the flow redirects to Duo, Duo's API rejects the
response with "414 Request-URI Too Large"

I'm going to contact the vendor support as well, and I suspect that's
likely where the issue is coming from, which Duo support suspects as well:

*  The HAR shows the request and the 414 error returned. I was able to
review the SAML request, but only after URL decoding the request twice
before I could Base64 decode and Inflate the request.*

*    Seeing that the SAML request is URL encoded multiple times before
being sent to Duo, I suggest reviewing the SP settings to determine why it
is encoding the request multiple times, adding to the length and causing
the failure. The request URL is 10550 chars long when it returns the 414.*

That said, I'm wondering if others have run into this behavior and already
know what the resolution is.

Thanks!
Mike