hello,

for historical reasons, our CAS set-up needs to support accepting an
incoming SAML Assertion (validate, etc.) from HTTP request parameter,
perform authentication as  the user principal in the incoming SAML
assertion, basically, we trust the SAML authN done by our vendor earlier,
and create CAS session so that user can SSO into our apps.

We have overridden AbstractNonInteractiveCredentialsAction
to constructCredentialsFromRequest(), i.e., we create a user-defined
Credential object and then authenticate, create SSO, by
overriding AbstractAuthenticationHandler.

that has worked well, but I do not see any documentation on this in CAS
6.6.x document, the class is still there in 6.6.x, is there now a better
and easier way to implement Trusted Authentication based on SAML (XML)
input from HTTP request parameter?

Thx!