Yan,

Are you thinking of this
https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.6.x/integration/Delegate-Authentication.html

Ray

On Tue, 2023-09-19 at 12:28 -0700, Yan Zhou wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email
system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

hello,

for historical reasons, our CAS set-up needs to support accepting an incoming
SAML Assertion (validate, etc.) from HTTP request parameter, perform
authentication as  the user principal in the incoming SAML assertion,
basically, we trust the SAML authN done by our vendor earlier, and create CAS
session so that user can SSO into our apps.

We have overridden AbstractNonInteractiveCredentialsAction  to
constructCredentialsFromRequest(), i.e., we create a user-defined Credential
object and then authenticate, create SSO, by overriding
AbstractAuthenticationHandler.

that has worked well, but I do not see any documentation on this in CAS 6.6.x
document, the class is still there in 6.6.x, is there now a better and easier
way to implement Trusted Authentication based on SAML (XML) input from HTTP
request parameter?

Thx!