We are using simple MFA, but as far as the expiration (need to re-MFA) goes
the following may help.

Researched every possible expiration property and found they were ignored.

If you take a close look at the "expirationDate":
"2123-11-03T09:23:27.000+00:00" from your note, this is set to expire 100
years in the future.  No matter what we configured it always set the
expiration to 100 years in the future.

Due to this and other issues with caching with JDBC we settled on caching
(including MFA) to couchDb.  Had never used couchDb before, but it
literally took 10-15 minutes to install and config.

If you search for "MFA expiration with couchDb" in this list it explains
the solution we ended up using to be able to expire MFA.  Not perfect, but
very workable.