Folks,

I stumbled upon this thread today and thought I'd send an update here
to cas-users (also on-going on cas-dev) just make sure folks are in
the loop.

LDAP Password Policy Enformcement Update

I've completed a merge of LPPE into a feature branch on
https://source.jasig.org/cas3/branches/cas-server-3.4.10-lppe/ such
that I can build and install CAS 3.4.10-LPPE-SNAPSHOT in my local mvn
repo.  This allows me to build a cas server with the feature via
simple local maven overlay.  To get it to work you need to pull in the
configuration files in the resources directory of
https://source.jasig.org/sandbox/cas-password-policy/branches/cas-server-support-ldap-pwd-expiration-3.4.x/

I have it working with Active Directory and can induce the
PasswordWarning screen.

I still need to spend some more time with the code exercising the
features.  I'd like to arrive at a maintainable approach for this
feature for CAS3 in the near term.  Would love some collaboration,
thoughts, comments on how best to improve on this and help identifying
any blockers for inclusion in CAS 3.5.

Please share your thoughts...

This work is being driven by requirements at Lamar University.

Best,
Bill