From: William G. Thompson, Jr. [mailto:wgt...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 11:40 AM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: Re: [cas-user] Integrating Shibboleth into CAS Documentation

Unicon has done of bunch of these over the years and we usually recommend
turning off the Shib SSO auth handler so that only CAS maintains the SSO
session.  This has the nice side effect of enabling users to end the CAS/Shib
SSO session via /cas/logout.

Ben, you might also be interested in an improved Shib/CAS integration approach
that bridges more of the SAML feature space:

https://github.com/Unicon/shib-cas-authenticator

Best,
Bill

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Marvin S. Addison <marvin.addi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> How up2date is the Shibboleth-CAS  documentation?
>

> If you're referring to
> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/Shibboleth-CAS+Integration, I
> recently reviewed and updated it within the past 60 days.
>
> As for your stated understanding of the behavior, it's correct.  Note
> that the CAS SSO session and Shib IdP SSO sessions are totally
> independent after creation.  This has the notable consequence that
> logging out of CAS, even with single sign-out configured, has no effect on
> the Shib SSO session.

> wgt...@gmail.com

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and
Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized
disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.