I haven't tested this, but from the error, I think the issue is with the
"healthCheckMonitor" bean, not the ticketRegistry configuration itself.  It
looks like the EhCacheTicketRegistry doesn't support the new monitoring
infrastructure yet.  Try commenting out the tiketRegistry health check.

-Eric

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Andres <afolg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to deploy a new CAS 3.5 installation. I need ticket replication
> in a 2 node cluster, and I chose EhCache for that because it doesn't need
> any external server to work.
>
> I managed to get it working following the documentation, so my ticket
> registry looks like this:
>
> <bean id="ticketRegistry"
> class="org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.EhCacheTicketRegistry">
>   <property name="ticketGrantingTicketsCache"
> ref="ticketGrantingTicketsCache" />
>   <property name="serviceTicketsCache" ref="serviceTicketsCache" />
> </bean>
>
> I also need clearPass, so my next step was to follow the documentation
> again to implement it. In the end, the previous code looks like this:
>
> <bean id="ticketRegistryValue"
> class="org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.EhCacheTicketRegistry">
>         <property name="ticketGrantingTicketsCache"
> ref="ticketGrantingTicketsCache" />
>         <property name="serviceTicketsCache" ref="serviceTicketsCache" />
> </bean>
>
> And the ticketRegistry bean placed at clearpass-configuration.xml is:
> <bean id="ticketRegistry"
> class="org.jasig.cas.extension.clearpass.TicketRegistryDecorator">
>   <constructor-arg index="0" ref="ticketRegistryValue"/>
>   <constructor-arg index="1" ref="credentialsCache"/>
> </bean>
>
> However the two things doesn't work well together. The error I get is:

> bean with name 'ticketRegistry' defined in ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/spring-configuration/clearpass-configuration.xml]: Instantiation
> of bean failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
> bean class [org.jasig.cas.extension.clearpass.TicketRegistryDecorator]:
> Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.EhCacheTicketRegistry cannot be cast to
> org.jasig.cas.monitor.TicketRegistryState
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> epie...@usf.edu

Eric Pierce