The build is now compiling for me.

I had to update maven-surefire-plugin to 2.14 as version 2.12.1 was
throwing this error ( see also https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-896):

[INFO] Surefire report directory:
/home/smore/wip/git/unicon/cas-java-clients-addons/target/surefire-reports
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Unable to locate surefire-booter in the list of plugin artifacts
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to locate surefire-booter in the list of
plugin artifacts
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.getForkConfiguration(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:1152)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeProvider(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:655)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeAllProviders(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:647)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeAfterPreconditionsChecked(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:606)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.execute(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:569)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
        at
        at
        at
        at
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 28 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 17 11:05:28 EDT 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 54M/661M
[INFO]

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Dmitriy Kopylenko
<dkopyle...@unicon.net>wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> I've committed the initial refactoring to be built on top of CAS Java
> Client 3.3. Try to build cas-java-clients-addons from source again.
>
> Cheers,
> Dmitriy.
>
> On Apr 10, 2013, at 5:49 PM, Dmitriy Kopylenko <dkopyle...@unicon.net>
> wrote:
>
> In this case, the current source for cas-java-clients-addons would need to
> be refactored to work well with the latest cas java client. I will take a
> look at it (when time permits).
>
> D.
>
> On Apr 10, 2013, at 5:20 PM, Stephen More <stephen.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I am trying to build cas-java-clients-addons from source against the
> latest 3.3 (cas java client) snapshot.
>
> Yes, the snapshot has multiple new features in it that I am currently
> using. No I can not use 3.2.1.
>

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Dmitriy Kopylenko
> <dkopyle...@unicon.net>wrote:
>
>> Stephen,
>>
>> can you explain a little bit more - are you trying to build
>> cas-java-clients-addons from source against the latest 3.3 (cas java
>> client) snapshot? Is there a particular reason for that? Can you just use
>> the current version of java-cas-clients-addons which depends on 3.2.1?
>>
>> But in any case, it looks like CAS java client makes some breaking
>> changes to its public API e.g. marking number of methods final, etc. which
>> definitely breaks cas-java-clients-addons
>>
>> Dmitriy.
>>
>> On Apr 10, 2013, at 3:56 PM, Stephen More <stephen.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I have a testing version of 3.5.2 server. Now I am working on the
>> client side....
>>
>> cas-java-clients-addons: I need to build against cas.client 3.3-SNAPSHOT
>> not 3.2.1.
>>
>> I can easily update log to logger, but how should the following get
>> addressed ?
>>
>> /home/smore/wip/git/unicon/cas-java-clients-addons/src/main/java/net/unicon/casclients/addons/jasig/validation/Cas20ServiceTicketJsonValidator.java:[40,21]
>> validate(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) in
>> net.unicon.casclients.addons.jasig.validation.Cas20ServiceTicketJsonValidator
>> cannot override validate(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) in
>> org.jasig.cas.client.validation.AbstractUrlBasedTicketValidator; overridden
>> method is final
>>
>> /home/smore/wip/git/unicon/cas-java-clients-addons/src/main/java/net/unicon/casclients/addons/jasig/validation/ClearPassProxyTicketValidator.java:[29,14]
>> setAcceptAnyProxy(boolean) in
>> net.unicon.casclients.addons.jasig.validation.ClearPassProxyTicketValidator
>> cannot override setAcceptAnyProxy(boolean) in
>> org.jasig.cas.client.validation.Cas20ProxyTicketValidator; overridden
> [...]
>>> spring-security-core-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar
>>> person-directory-api-1.5.0-RC6.jar