From: Tom Poage [mailto:tfpo...@ucdavis.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:32 PM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: Re: [cas-user] CAS + LDAP initialisation error

Unless you need/want attributes, FWIW I didn't see any meaningful difference in
performance (with our site anyway) between wiring up the 'native' CAS LDAP
adapter (fast bind) and using JAAS/LDAP.

The latter was fairly simple:

- set up JaasAuthenticationHandler in deployerConfigContext.xml

- configure your environment as necessary for the JAAS config file e.g.
  -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/some/path/login.config

- the JAAS config file (direct/fast bind):

CAS {
        edu.vt.middleware.ldap.jaas.LdapLoginModule sufficient
                ldapUrl="ldap://yourhost.foo.edu";
                tls="true"
                baseDn="cn=mycontainer,dc=foo,dc=edu"
                constructDn="true";
};

Note that this setup makes/drops a new connection to the directory for each
authentication (JAAS docs say it should do so for good reason), i.e. connection
pooling does not apply.

StartTLS for our directory was actually faster than ldaps.

Caveat: I'm fairly new to CAS.

Tom.

--
You are currently subscribed to cas-user@lists.jasig.org as: zhan...@duq.edu To